Every time you forward an e-mail, there is information left over from the
people who got the message before you, namely their e-mail addresses
and names. As the messages get forwarded along, the list of addresses
builds, and builds, and builds, and all it takes is for some poor sap to get
a virus, and his or her computer can send that virus to every E-mail
address that has come across his computer.
Or, someone can take all of those addresses and sell them or send junk
mail to them in the hopes that you will go to the site and he will make
five cents for each hit. That's right, all of that inconvenience over a nickel!
How do you stop it?
Well, there are several easy steps:
(1) When you forward an e-mail, DELETE all of the other
addresses that appear in the body of the message
(at the top).
That's right, DELETE them. Highlight them and delete them, backspace
them, cut them, whatever it is you know how to do.
It only takes a second.
You MUST click the 'Forward' button first and then you will have full
editing capabilities against the body and headers of the message. If you
don't click on 'Forward' first, you won't be able to edit the message at all.
(2) Whenever you send an e-mail to more than one person,
do NOT use the To: or CC: fields for adding e-mail addresses.
Always use the BCC:(blind Carbon Copy) field for
listing the e-mail addresses.
This way the people you send to will only see their own e-mail address.
If you don't see your BCC: after you have clicked 'forward'....click on the
view on the top toolbar - then 'all headers' The BCC: will appear for you
and that's it, it's that easy. When you send to BCC: your message will
automatically say 'Undisclosed Recipients in the 'TO:' field of the people
who receive it.
(3) Remove any 'FW :' in the subject line. You can rename
the subject if you wish or even fix spelling.
(4) ALWAYS hit your Forward button from the ACTUAL e-
mail YOU are reading. Ever get those e-mails that you have to
open 10 pages to read the one page with the information on it? By
Forwarding from the actual page you wish someone to view, you stop
them from having to open many e-mails just to see what you sent.
(5) Have you ever gotten an e-mail that is a petition?
It states a position and asks you to add your name and address and to
forward it to 10 or 15 people or your entire address book. The e-mail
can be forwarded on and on and can collect thousands of names and e-
A FACT: The completed petition is actually worth a couple of bucks to a
professional spammer because of the wealth of valid names and e-mail
addresses contained therein.
If you want to support the petition, send it as your own
personal letter to the intended recipient. Your position may
carry more weight as a personal letter than a laundry list of
names and email address on a petition. (Actually, if you think
about it, who's supposed to send the petition in to whatever cause it
supports? And don't believe the ones that say that the e-mail is being
traced. It just ain't so!)
Some of the other e-mails I hate include:
1. The one that says something like, 'Send this e-mail to 10 people and
you'll see something great run across your screen.'
Or sometimes they'll just tease you by saying 'something really cute will
happen'. IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!!! (Trust me, I'm still seeing some
of the same e-mails that I waited for 10 years ago!)
2. I don't let the bad luck ones scare me either. They get trashed.
3. Before you forward an 'Amber Alert', or a 'Virus Alert', or some of the
other e-mails floating around nowadays, check them out before you
forward them. Most of them are junk mail that's been circling the net for
Just about everything you receive in an e-mail that is in
question can be checked out at Snopes.
Just go to http://www.snopes.com.
It's really easy to find out if it's real or not. If it's not, please
don't pass it on.
Create different e-mail addresses:
Most Internet Providers offer at least 10 free e-mail addresses per account.
Create one e-mail for purchasing items on-line.
For example: email@example.com
Create another one for church and organizations.
For example: scoutmaster#(troop number)@xyz.com
Create another one for close friends only.For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
This will cut down on sifting through SPAM when time is limited and
you are looking for word from someone specific.
On a different note:
When you purchase products on-line, you often receive a flood of
e-mails from the merchant.
Look for this paragraph near the end of the next e-mail you receive:
You received this email because you asked to be included in
(on-line merchant's name) mailings.
If you would like to unsubscribe from this email, please click
click unsubscribe and fill out the form. You may also ask customer service
to remove you from their catalog mailing list, if you prefer to stop the
household clutter as well.
Remember you can recycle catalogs in curbside recycling bins.
Do you really know how to forward e-mails?
50% of us do; 50% DO NOT.
Do you wonder why you get viruses or junk mail?
Do you hate it?
How to print out a website page without any
when you are done. thank you again!
- Choose Page Setup.
- SET Paper Options: Page size: 8 1/2 X11 check "Portrait"
- UNCHECK print background and images
- Check "Shrink to fit"
- Set all (left, right, top, bottom) margins to 0.563 (or minimum)
- Enter "empty " on all headers and footers. OK
- Click toolbar "file"
- Choose "print pre-view" Choose "Shrink to fit" Pre-view Page ONE
- Click print icon and choose "Page Range"
- Choose "1" or "PRINT PAGE 1 ONLY"
- See if that works for you...it works for us! Thank you!
- Please remember to re-set your margins and all Page Setup settings
Now you can work—and play—on your PC more safely. With Microsoft® Security Essentials, it’s easy to
help protect your PC from viruses, spyware, and other malicious software for FREE* with the same award-
winning technology used by millions of consumer and enterprise PCs around the world.
* Microsoft Security Essentials is available at no charge for customers
who are verified to have a copy of genuine Windows in select countries.
No registration or personal information is required, only automatic
verification of your genuine Windows installation.
Security for greater ease of mind
Easy to get, easy to use
- Real-time protection helps detect and respond to new threats before they infect your PC.
- Tested and certified by independent experts.
- Backed by Microsoft global malware response resources.
FREE for use on genuine Windows® licensed PCs.
- Installs quickly and easily with no registration process or personal information required.
- Easy-to-understand PC security status and single-click actions against identified threats.
- Automatically updates with the latest security technology; no annual renewal fees.
Doesn’t get in the way
- Works quietly in the background to help protect your PC with minimal interruption.
- Smart resource utilization so there is less impact on PC performance.
- Designed to run effectively on limited resources—including netbooks and older PCs.
|save favorite pages in your "favorites" file.
Remember...purchasing items through our product-photo-links and
underlined-text-links support this website through
free commerce, small business, and entrepreneurial efforts.
On-line merchants pay us a small advertising fee through
Just "left click" on the photo or underlined words and you will be
transported to the merchant site to purchase product.
When transaction is complete, please come back and visit more of our pages.
Find a broken link?
Please e-mail us: email@example.com